Derek, a member of the Gulfpoint Construction team since 2021, has been working in Construction in the State of Florida since 2005. Initially he started working on weekends and during the summertime while in high school, before committing to construction full time upon graduating.
Derek has held many roles in subcontracting, from on-site Foreman and Superintendent to Estimator / Project Manager and Division Manager in the office.
Derek continues to challenge himself outside of the industry, with a passion for Auto Mechanics & Racing, Fishing & Boating, as well as Scuba Diving & Fitness. When Derek isn’t working on one of his car projects, or swimming the shorelines of our local beaches, he also enjoys relaxing by spending time with his family, reading, and playing video games.
• HAFSC – Hilti Accredited Firestop Contractor Certificate. (02/15/2013)
• OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety and Health (#20-002949693) (05/22/10)
• ASHI CPR and AED (04/07/11)
• ASHI Basic First Aid (04/07/11)
• Aerial Work Platform Safety Course – JLG S&A Series Boom Lifts (08/12/10)
• Aerial Work Platform Safety Course – E Series Scissor Lifts (08/12/10)
• Aerial Work Platform Safety Course – Lulls and Forklift Safety (08/12/10)
• ITW Ramset/Redhead Powder Actuated Tool Operator License (08/12/10)
MEET OUR TEAM
DEREK'S FAVORITE QUOTE